Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Big Boy Haircut

I lost my baby boy today. We gave him his first real haircut today. We had trimmed it several times but it really needed to be cut. We bought new hair clippers today and when we turned them on they were incredibly quiet. We thought we'd try it on Jack. We got part of the top done but then was freaking out too much so we had to stop. He looked really funny while Philip and I decided what to do. We turned on Noggin and tried to cut it with scissors. As son as Moose and Zee came on we were able to make some real progress and we could actually do a good job! It still needs a litle polishing but we decided to get it while he's asleep. He doesn't look like the little boy he did this morning. He now looks like a handsome man. It almost made me cry!



4 comments:

Candi said...

What a big boy... and so so cute! Luke has had 3 haircuts so far and needs another (in the front only - he lays on the back too much for it to grow). And I must say I love how little boys look after they have just had a hair cut.

But Amanda, you cannot scare me like that again. I saw the title of your post and freaked out. I could see the happy picture below, so I thought things must be fine, but I had a few moments of worry there. I am glad things are going well for you guys - I hope Jack feels well now. Good luck for Thursday!

Take care!

Crystal M. said...

So cute!! What a big boy you are now!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

PS only a few more weeks til we get to see you in person!!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

You look awfully handsome in your new hair cut, Jack!

Hugs,
Leslie & Katie

christina said...

thank you for changing the title of that! my heart raced for a good hour after i read it the first time...at least i don't need to work out this week.

in other news...it was great seeing new pictures...he is so beautiful and HUGE

i'm thinking about yall this week...say hi to your mom for me!