Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Jellybean Update

It has been an interesting week as far as Jellybean goes. On Monday I went to the doctor because I had some cramping and then I hadn't felt the baby move. They did a quick ultrasound and we saw the beautiful heartbeat and a little leg kicking. It is possible that since I am incredibly sick my focus has been on my headaches and not the sweet little kicking. (about 5 hours after the appointment Jellybean was kicking pretty hard for about 3 hours!!!) The doctor offered to listen to my heart and lungs to make sure the cold hadn't settled in my chest. He lisened to my heart for quite a long time and then asked "have you always had a murmer?". I was shocked by this and he said that it was a little loud for his comfort and wanted an echocardiogram. I went and had that done yestarday. We went back to the doctor today because he wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure the baby was ok. The ultrasound tech pulled up my chart, saw that we saw a perinatologist and siad that she wasn't going to do a full ultrasound because the perinatlogist would do it. I thought it was ridiculous that she wouldn't follow the doctor's orders. So we weren't able to find out the sex of the baby today. We do have a detailed level 2 ultrasound in 2 weeks so hopefully we'll find out then. THe good thing though was that there was a perfect amount of fluid and on the scan we saw a HUGE stomach! These things are exciting for us because I had way too much fluid with Jack because his esophagus was in 2 pieces and we never saw Jack's stomach on an ultrasound because of the esophagus as well. Seeing that big round stomach was an absolute miracle to us.


Here are some pictures from the ultrasound today!

3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

AAWW So sweet!!! Good lukc with everything and keep us informed.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Glad your ultrasound went well, Amanda!

Catherine L said...

huge congratulations... am sorry I missed your announcement but what wonderful news to stumble upon today... with love Catherine x