Thursday, June 25, 2009

1 month!!!

I can't believe that Claire is 1 month old today! She is still quite the peanut. She reached her birthweight at 3 weeks and is slowly gaining. She's still pretty tiny and swimming in newborn clothes. Today was Claire's first trip to the pool. While neither child got in the water I think they still had fun.


We haven't had any nursing care in a week. It was a tiring difficult week but I'm still alive. It wouldn't have been so bad if Jack hadn't had seizures/episodes every day. The episodes themselves are horrible and then he is angry and upset the rest of the day. I count down the minutes to 5:30 when Philip gets home. I pray we have our nurse tomorrow but there is no way to know for sure.


















































3 comments:

Crystal M. said...

AAWW She is so sweet and Jack is cute as always. He looks so tall next to his sister.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Happy one-month birthday, Claire!

Sorry to hear that Jack is having seizure episodes. What are these like for him? Just curious, as Katie has had some type of seizure-type neurological episodes on and off for several years now, and for the past month or so has been having them every day. She sometimes cries for hours after she has these. We haven't had much luck finding out what's causing them yet. They are really stressful and draining (on all of us!), so I can definitely relate to what you're going through. I hope Jack's episodes go away soon.

Candi said...

What is going on with Jack? I hope you were able to get the nursing situation straightened out and get some relief. I remember when Sam and Gus were little the last hour or so before Rob got home we would just rock in the rocking chair and I would pray for him to get home as soon as possible. Sorry things are so tough right now, and hope that they start to get better really soon!