Sunday, March 2, 2008

Daddy's Birthday

Today was Philip's birthday. We are exactly one month apart so now he's finally in the quarter century club. We celebrated the day by having homemade cinnamon rolls when he woke up, going to the inaugural meeting of our support group, relaxing, and having a wonderful dinner. Later we will enjoy the pumpkin swirl cheesecake I made for him! I think he had a great day.

More on the support group... A few parents recieving therapy services from EI expressed a desire to meet other parents with children with special needs. We were finally able to meet the wonderful families today. Most of the kids played well with each other. All except Jack. He had a problem with sharing his toys and decided he'd rather be in crazy man mode than play with my new friends mode. It was ok though. Hopefully he'll play a little better next time. It was just so nice to be able to meet some other people who knew what it is like to have a medically fragile child. It was interesting to find out that two of the families had met while inpatient at the hospital and we had met one of those families at the doctors office and now we are in the same group! Small world! I can't wait for our next meeting!

3 comments:

Candi said...

Happy Birthday Philip!!! I am jealous of the cheesecake. Hope you enjoyed your day!

That is great about the support group. I would love to do something like that. Sometimes I get to chat with other parents before or after Luke's EI classes. Being able to go there really gives me a nice sense of community.

Take care!

Crystal M. said...

Happy Birthday to a great daddy!!

We have a play group here once every few months but Eva ages out next month so this month is the last month for us. I am so sad!!
Hope the group continue to go well and you all have fun.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed Philip's birthday! He is such an awesome Dad, husband, person!

Jack's videos are wonderful to watch. He is growing so big and doing so many things. I know his progress is due to the continued love and care provided by a Super Mom and Dad!

Love to all,
"Aunt" Janet