Thursday, November 27, 2008

Another trip to the ER

We had quite a scare on Tuesday night. Jack woke up at 11:30 with his teeth hurting so we watched a blues clues and I went to put him to bed at midnight. He got upset when I got to the crib and pointed to our bed. I knew that he just needed to snuggle. I put down pillows and blankets in case he rolled out of bed. Well, about an hour later he did fall out of bed. He didn't hit anything and landed on the pillows as expected. He let out a cry and then all of a sudden it stopped. I was holding him when it happened and he just went completely limp. I tried to wake him up but he just layed there in my arms. We ran out to the living room where I called 911. I started yealling at him, shaking him and pushing on his chest. I was about to start CPR when he let our a huge cough and started to breathe again. It took him a while to come out of it but as soon as he did he wanted blues clues. By the time the EMT's got here he was sitting up watching TV. We still went to the ER to make sure that he was ok. They observed him for about 2 hours and we were cleared to go home. It seems what happened is that his teething is causing an increase of secretions and when he fell out of bed it scared him to a point that the mucous plugged his airway and he needed some agitation to get it loose. It was a very scary situation and it was even harder that Philip was at work and I was alone. I am so thankful everything turned out the way it did. We are so lucky.

6 comments:

Laura said...

oh my. what a horrible scare. i am so glad everything is okay! love and prayers!

Crystal M. said...

Oh my gosh I would have freaked out also I am glad he is ok, we love Jack stop scaring mommy like that.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Jack, thank goodness you are OK! How scary!

Anonymous said...

OH!! That is just too scary for words!!! My heart almost stopped just reading it, I can only imagine your frantic.

Thank you Jesus.
Tracy H.

Amélie said...

yes that was rather scary and would have had me panicked!! hope the teething is easing up a little and Jack is getting ready for Santas visit...

wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and New Year xx

Unknown said...

I hope everything is okay now and everyone has a healthy safe relaxing holiday!

Lots of love,
The Weir Family
xox