Friday, February 15, 2008

A trip to the ER


Today we had our first trip to the ER for a typical kid thing! Jack fell today and hit his face on the toy storage. He of course was crying and I told him he was ok. Then I saw his face and saw the blood. It seemed that his tooth had gone through his bottom lip. (The crack in his upper lip is from being really dry) I half freaked out. I called Philip and he met us at the hospital. After about 2 hours of waiting in the room for a doctor we finally got seen. This guy was a nut job! He determined the tooth did not go all the way through there was just a cut on both sides of his lip. He wanted to put a little bit of wound glue on the outside because it did look a little deep. He went out to get some of the glue and never came back. Finally we had to get our nurse to get a different doctor and after an hour of waiting she came in and said he didnt need anything. Sheesh! But, we were able to educate the saff about CHARGE syndrome. Once we told the nurse she went right to the computer and looked it up. Then she started telling all the other nurses about it! I thought it was pretty cool. So now we're home and Jack is sleeping on the living room floor. Poor baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Jack! Ouch! What a day y'all have had. Glad your little boy is okay! Hope tomorrow is much less eventful!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that last comment was from me, Laura! :)

Unknown said...

Yikes! Poor little guy. =( I hope he feels better soon!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Ouch, that looks like it hurt! Hope it heals up quickly!

Leslie & Katie

Crystal M. said...

Poor baby!! I hope he feels better tomorrow and not in to much pain. It is amazing how heartless some ER doctors are and they just do not fallow through. I have educated some doctors and nurses at our local hospital too I wish I could do more to educate them.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva