Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jack took his first steps!!!

JACK TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS TODAY!!!!!!!!! It was incredible! He's been doing something we call "controlled falling" where he takes a step or two as he's falling but today he actually took 4 very controlled steps before he went into his controlled falling!! Philip had him standing up and Jack was trying to walk to me when he did it! We both just looked at each other and asked "were those steps??" It took us a minute to figure it out and realize what had happened! We tried it again and Jack did the same thing! Then, we got out the video camera and filmed him doin it over and over again! It is such a beautiful thing to watch! Then, we got out the digital camera so we'd be able to post it on the blog. By this time he was pretty tired but we got at least 2 good runs and a cute little dance move (which is also a first. He's never stood up like that before). I can't believe our little man is growing up!

14 comments:

Candi said...

Yeah Jack!!!! How exciting for you all! I love the video - is he always that energetic?

Jack is just so darn cute I can't get the smile off my face!

Unknown said...

YOU ROCK JACK! Way to go...look out now mom and dad...

Unknown said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the looks on your face, Amanda, whenever he takes his steps. They are as priceless as Jack's expressions. =)

Catherine L said...

Absolutely delighted for you all! Congratulations Jack. It gives me so much more hope now for Reuben!

Unknown said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyy

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Way to go, Jack!!! That is so exciting!

christina said...

wow!!! he is so grown up!

ps this blog is my favorite thing in the world...i love that you post on it so much!

tina

Christine Tan said...

Wow! Modern day parents who are youtubers! Now we get to see Jack's every progress! I'm excited to see the little angel take his first steps! :)

amy and mighty max said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I am in complete shock! This is soooo early for a lil' guy with CHARGE! AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!

I seriously am blown away (can you tell)??? Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! Amy and Mighty Max

Anonymous said...

Jack's progress is a credit to the love and nurturing you and Phillip give him. I am so happy for you all! Now the challenge is for you and Phillip to keep up with Jack!

Love to all,
Janet

Anonymous said...

This video is SOOOOO GREAT! I love every second!!!!!!! What a wonderful family moment to have on video! Way to go Jack! I love him to pieces! Thanks for posting this, it made my day!!!!!! :) :) :) Love ~ Laura

Crystal M. said...

AAWWW HOW EXCITING IS THAT!! WAY TO GO JACK!!!!

Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! That video is the cutest thing on earth. I LOVE the little dance moves he does. Thanks for sharing this big milestone!!!

Love,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, jack, and Philip! Congrats on the first steps! We are so proud! We like the cheescake... it looks yummy! We like the pictures. They are super cute and wonderful. We miss you all! Love you guys!
Love, Mackenzie, Maddie, Armonty, and Grandma