Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Backpack

We've been looking and looking for a little backpack for Jack to carry his pump in. The one that came with the pump would be big for an 8 year old so there was no way it would fit my tiny boy. We bought a bag at pottery barn that was designed to be hung over a chair to collect Christmas cards but he outgrew it in about 3 weeks. We finally found one made by Samsonite and ordered it online. It came on Friday and it is so stinkin cute!!! Yesterday we went to the fabric store to buy the supplies to adapt it with a chest strap. We put it on him this afternoon and he, as we expected, got very upset. We kept it on him for about 15 minutes and after about 5 we got him distracted and then he tolerated it. About halfway through we put the pump in the bag. He was a little off balance at first but he got the hang of it. We had to take it off when he started to crawl away though because the backpack slides over to one side and it pulls him over!




6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little backpack! I hope it ends up working out really well. =)

Crystal M. said...

Very cute what a wonderful idea!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Anonymous said...

I love the backpack! It is so adorable! I also love the previous post with Jack in his cute new red and blue sweater...he is such a handsome little man! Love ~ Laura

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I found the new website! I went to the old one and was disappointed when I read that there's a new one. Jack is looking cuter than ever! With this backpack, he'll keep you going.
Love to all,
Janet

Anonymous said...

OK...meant to say that I was disappointed that you ran out of space. Brain blip!

Unknown said...

very cute