Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nebulizer treatments



We had to restart Jack's Pulmicourt (and inhaled steroid) and his Xoponex (a bronchodialator) today. We haven't had to do a neb in almost 6 months so Jack in not used to them anymore. Jack has had a cough for weeks now and as of yesterday it is accompanied by a wheeze. The doctor wanted us to restart nebs and also do a round of Prednisone (and oral steroid). Jack protested quite loudly this morning when I turned on the neb. So, as any good mother would do, I turned on his favorite tv station, Noggin. I at least got him to tolerate the medicine blowing in his face. Tonight, as Philip was trying to give the treatment, I caught some pictures of him. His favorite, Moose, was on and he was quite mesmerized!

2 comments:

Crystal M. said...

I hope it all gets a bit easier as time goes on.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Candi said...

Sorry that cough is hanging around. Trying to keep Jack still for the neb treatment must be quite the adventure. I can't wait until Luke is that active, although I don't know how I will keep up.

I hope the medicine works and Jack feel better soon!

Take care!